Do you like cycling? Do you have a deep understanding of the latest products, technologies and trends? Do you have the passion to find the best products and the desire to share this knowledge with others? If so, we’ve got the job for you.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and motivated digital journalist with a keen interest in cycling and a talent for offering first class buying advice to take on an exciting role working on Cyclingnews.com.
Objective of the position
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief and Technical Writer, as a Review Writer you will be responsible for generating content that reviews, reviews and recommends cycling products. From road bikes and wheelsets to saddles, groupsets and power meters, you’ll become one of the world’s foremost experts on what’s hot and what’s not!
These buying guides and reviews are designed to provide essential information for people in the market to buy cycling products. .
You’ll need to take the pulse to make sure the website is always up to date and in many cases ahead of the curve. Therefore, you will need to develop strong public relations contacts and fantastic organizational skills; a talent for writing sharp and quality content; strong SEO knowledge or the ability to learn quickly, as well as the ability to adapt while working in a fast paced and ambitious environment.
- Develop test formats for product categories including bikes, accessories, clothing and footwear
- Writing buying guides for Cyclingnews.com according to a content plan agreed with the Global Editor-in-Chief and Technical Editor
- Make sure buying guides talk about products of interest to the public at different prices
- Ensure that the audience for these guides is maximized in accordance with SEO best practices
- Ensuring that reviews not only provide excellent and informative content for users, but also encourage them to click and buy when appropriate
- Monitor the performance of these items and evaluate next steps if necessary
- Update existing buying guides on the site and ensure they remain relevant and well ranked
- Use your understanding of different audience types to ensure content is effective at different price points.
- Attend product launches and events to gather information on key products, write first overviews / reviews where applicable, key races to cover racing technology (professional bikes, kit, trends). This will sometimes include work and occasional travel on weekends and after hours
- Provide general social media across all platforms, captions and news help as needed
- Showcasing and editing videos to complement the buyer’s guide and review content – this will include the show overview, product reviews and news
What do I need to be successful?
- Strong sub-editing skills
- Proven ability to write high quality engaging content based on reviews
- Interest and passion for road cycling
- An existing understanding of SEO best practices and the ability to rapidly develop those skills
- Ability to use Google Analytics to report and inform content strategies
- Knowledge and experience of content management systems
- Exceptional attention to detail and aesthetics, with the ability to bring content to life through curation of stunning images and intuitive article layouts
- Ability to work and be a leader within a larger team
- Able to interpret and use audience behavioral data
- Excellent communication skills between public relations and internal contacts
- Represent future brands externally at events and launches as appropriate
- Experience with video editing software
- Advantageous Photoshop skills
About the future
Future is a global, cross-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diverse revenue streams. We’re committed to connecting over 300 million people around the world to their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform the media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning tech, games, television and entertainment, female lifestyle, music, sports, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us …
But a stellar legacy is not enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, relentlessly seeking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We are developing cutting edge technology that disrupts the media market.
Together, we exceed the expectations of everyone for whom we exist: our audiences, our customers, our staff and our shareholders. In no time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We’re also reaping the rewards, of course, with a fun and creative workplace with endless career-building opportunities. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a future head office but a globally connected workforce in UK, US, Europe and Europe. Australia
All talents are celebrated here. We are looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
For more information on the benefits of Future and to apply, Click here.