4 Des Moines stores to find the best shopping deals
You don’t have to sift through bargains to find something good. Here in Des Moines, there are hidden shopping deals everywhere.
- Below are some of our favorites, from designer bags to bikes.
This thrift store is more expensive than a Goodwill or Plato’s Closet, but what you get in return are carefully selected, high-quality parts.
- There are many recognizable brands like Kate Spade, Lululemon and J.Crew. And you can find high-end designer bags like Gucci, Chanel, and Louis Vuitton.
- More: You can get an additional deal by shopping at both Worn stores on the same day.
Where to find it: 857 42nd St., Des Moines and 5515 Mills Civic Pkwy., Suite #160, West Des Moines or online.
Okay, what’s funny about this vintage clothing store is that they have a sign saying they have 50% off – but they’re always have a 50% off sale.
Now, retro clothing here isn’t everyone’s style, but if you have a Depop-obsessed high schooler or are looking for special, unique pieces, this is the place.
- We found Boy Scout uniforms, letter jackets, 70s mod dresses and sick fur coats here.
Where to find it: 127 5th Street, West Des Moines.
If you’re looking to change up your decor or need furniture to fill your space, Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore is the place to go.
- There’s a bit of everything here – building materials, appliances, rugs and lamps.
- This place is for bargain hunters who find joy in treasure hunting.
Where to find it: 2200 E Euclid Ave., Des Moines.
The Des Moines Bike Collective
Spring fever is here and you probably want to get out and play. Before buying a bike at Target, stop by the Des Moines Bicycle Collective in the East Village.
- The nonprofit, which is run by the Street Collective, refurbishes old bikes and sells them for much less than a new one at the bike shop.
- And while some are more expensive or older than a new Walmart bike, the quality is better there.
More: You can find parts at low prices, including tires, lights, and pedals.
Where to find it: 506 E 6th St., Des Moines.